How can you be sure you're choosing the right travel insurance?
Choosing the best travel insurance can be a real nightmare, and dreaming up issues that might arise might make you cancel the whole trip entirely, so call in the experts. AXA cover co-ordinators are there to help you compare travel insurance rates and policies.
What is the best travel insurance?
The best travel insurance is the always the right travel insurance for you, according to your trip. You won’t need the same coverage for a winter skiing trip to Canada as you will for a beach holiday or an adventure in Africa - and the costs won’t be the same either.
Here's what you should consider as you're thinking about any travel insurance you may need:
- the duration of your trip: the longer your trip, the less it will cost per day. For example, you will pay less than 2€ a day with AXA if your trip to Europe lasts a month over summer.
- What kind of trip are you planning and what activities: sunbathing on the beach and hiking in the countryside throw up different risks and challenges, as do city trips or world tours, so make sure you're covered for what you need insurance for. To find the right travel insurance, you will have to compare travel insurance online for a single trip or annual travel insurance and perhaps bundle in a leisure sport option.
- Where are you travelling: the medical expenses are not the same everywhere. It costs more to be treated in Canada and the U.S., for example, than in France. Make sure your coverage will take care of all potential medical mishaps.
- How old are the people you're travelling with and how many are in your group: the cost of travel insurance is calculated according to your age - the older you are the higher the allowance will be. Also, don't forget the more people travelling with you, the higher the price.
- What needs to be covered: medical assistance, repatriation and medical coverage are the main policies you need. Then, you can add on cover for a trip cancellation or delay, or lost, damaged, or stolen luggage, and liability insurance. You have to be careful about the policies as they differ from one company to the next. Check carefully to make sure what's covered and what's excluded - and what the limits are - before you make up your mind.
Why should you include AXA travel insurance?
With AXA Assistance you can buy cheap travel insurance online without a medical exam. In just a few clicks, you can have a quotation and the cover that suits you. AXA experts offer different travel insurances according to your trip - single trips, multiple travel plans, student vacations. Each one offers you medical assistance, repatriation and medical coverage, and guarantees in case of cancellation, lost or damaged luggage and liability insurance abroad.
Disclaimer: This article provides a broad summary of benefits and is intended solely for informational purposes. To learn about the specific coverage, exclusions, and benefits included in your personal travel insurance policy, please refer to your individual certificate of insurance or local IPID document. If you have any questions or concerns, we recommend reaching out to one of our local travel insurance store for further assistance. Prices, cover types & guarantees at the moment of publication may vary depending on your country. Local Terms & Conditions apply. Please download T&Cs from your local store for more information.